Canada values your education and work experience, therefore; Canada announced many programs to welcome and increase number of immigrants through economic programs.
• Express Entry System: is two steps process to manage permanent residence application of Candidates who qualify under the following federal economic immigration programs. the province of Quebec is not part of the express entry.
1- Federal Skilled worker program
2- Federal Skilled Trades program
3- Canadian Experience class
4- Provincial Nominees program in some cases.
How it works:
Step 1) Once it is determined that a candidate qualifies under one of the above mentioned economic programs, they must complete an online express entry profile and provide information based on their skills, work experience, language ability and other details that will be beneficial for the assessment.
Step 2) Based on the express entry comprehensive ranking system (CRS), the highest-ranking (highest score) candidates in the pool will be invited to apply for permanent residence. The CRS is a point system. Candidates will be awarded points for a job offer, and/or a nomination from a province or territory, and/or skills, and experience factors. These additional points will make a candidate rank high enough to be invited to apply at the next round of invitations. Only the highest scores in the pool will be issued an invitation to Apply (ITA). If a foreign national is invited, they will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residence. IRCC will process their application with all the necessary supporting documents in six months or less.
Express Entry Comprehensive ranking system:
Federal Skilled worker:
Federal Skilled trade:
Canadian Experience Class:
Provincial Nominees program in some cases.
• Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program: This program is designed to welcome additional foreign nationals to the Atlantic Canada region to fill the needs of local employers and communities. (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island).
How it works:
The Atlantic immigration pilot an employer-driven program that facilitates the hiring of foreign workers. All principle applicants arriving in Canada under the pilot program must have a job offer from designated employer and an individualized plan for themselves and their family.
• Rural & Northern Immigration Pilot: which means participating communities take the lead in attracting new immigrants and matching them with local job vacancies, promoting a welcoming community, and connecting newcomers to established members of the community and local settlement services ( some of Ontario ,Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia communities are participating in the pilot) , in order to be considered for this program , potential candidates must meet federal criteria as well as requirements established by participating community where they are hoping to settle.
• Canada Agri-Food Immigration Pilot: the government of Canada introduced the three-year Agri-food immigration pilot to provide eligible temporary workers in the sector with a pathway to Canadian permanent residence. This program will accept a total of 2750 applications from May15,2020 to May 14,2023.
The occupations and industries eligible under this program: meat processing, harvesting labourer for year -round mushroom and greenhouse crop production, general farm worker and farm supervisor. Candidates with work experience must also meet the other requirements, Language benchmark, education and job offer.
• New Home Child care Provider and home support worker: this program is new to replace the caring for children and caring for people with medical needs, each program will accept a maximum of 2750 principle applicants each , for a total of 5500 principal applicants , per year .
The programs provide occupation-specific work permits for caregivers with open work permit for spouses /common-law and study permits for dependent children to allow the caregiver’s family to accompany them to Canada. The Candidates for both programs must meet certain requirements.